“It is more blessed to give than to receive.” (Acts 20:35)
Tree of Love has been in existence for over 20 years. (See Flyer TBD)
The ministry contact volunteer is Deb Stanley
Last year, this ministry distributed approximately 800 gifts to individuals desiring to receive a gift on Christmas. For some people, this may be the only gift they receive.
This ministry is for those who wish not to sponsor a family but prefer to purchase gifts for individuals.
Outreach to these families was acquired through the following organizations/agencies:
• CPC Behavioral Health Care in Matawan https://cpcbehavioral.org/index.php
• John L. Montgomery Care Center http://www.yelp.com/biz/john-l-montgomery-care-center-the-freehold
• Project Paul in Keansburg http://www.projpaul.org/
• Mercy Center http://www.mercycenternj.org/
• Area rest homes in Freehold
• Coastal Learning Center, middle school in Howell http://www.coastallearningcenter.org/
• Lunch Break http://www.lunchbreak.org/
• DCPP http://www.state.nj.us/dcf/about/divisions/dcpp/
• Additional individuals in need are identified through other parishes and a local social worker
Tree of Love Christmas tree will go up in the gathering space November 19th. You may take as many tags off the tree as you desire. Purchase gift noted on the paper ornament gift tag and return to the church by December 4. Please do not go over value noted on the gift tag. Please return you gifts as soon as possible or bring them to the packing day.
Help needed: Please contact Deb Stanley
Sorting and packing of gifts on December 4th after 12 noon Mass. Please see bulletin announcements for additional information on sorting and packing.
Consider Joining this Ministry
Typical tasks and responsibilities:
- Help set-up the Tree in November
- Shopping, wrapping for Parishioners
- Storing returned items until ready for sorting
- Sorting, additional wrapping for Tree of Love Ministry volunteers
Required training or skills: None
Approximate time commitment: A couple of hours to shop and wrap; 2-3 hours to sort, on a Sunday in early December,.
Location: Parishioners place donated gifts in the Gathering Space; gifts are sorted (by charity that is receiving them).